The Overseas Pakistanis face many problems in their homeland and there was no forum in Punjab where they could approach and get their genuine grievances redressed.
The overseas Pakistanis have been facing problems mainly as classified below:
- Property disputes and housing societies
- Family disputes
- Criminal cases
- Telephone connection/problems
- Electricity connections/problems
- Sui Gas connections/problems
- Water connections
- Travel Agents & Airlines related cases
- Employment requests/recommendations
- Financial matters/disputes
- Bank related matters
- Co-operative Societies claims
- Advisory services/general information and any other nature of complaints
There existed no system to help them out in such situations and this is the main reason behind establishment of OPC. OPC is one window operation for resolution of problems of Overseas Pakistanis and in this regard, instructions of Chief Minister, Punjab are carried out in letter and spirit. It is worth mentioning that Punjab is the only province which has established an institution to provide legal platform to settle the issues of Overseas Pakistanis, as there was a dire need of such a body which could address their grievances.