The Office handle all the complaints faced by the Overseas Pakistanis relating to province of Punjab and to facilitate the effected. The complainants may lodge their grievances via:
- Online Complaint Portal
- Constituted Advisory Councils
- Respective Embassies, High Commissions and/or Consulates
- Directly to the Office of the Commissioner
- On Helpline No. +92 42 111-672-672.
The redressal process is mentioned below:
- All departments will appoint an officer of the level of Additional Secretary as Focal Person for redressal of complaints relating to Overseas Pakistanis. However, the Police and Board of Revenue will appoint an officer of the level of Additional Inspector General and a Member of Board of Revenue to deal with the complaints of the Overseas Pakistanis and monitor their progress.
- The Commissioner may be authorized to refer any complaint to the Ombudsman, Punjab for investigation.
- All complaints relating to the Provincial Government Departments shall be transmitted by the office of the Punjab Overseas Pakistanis Commission to the concerned departments/offices and shall be followed up. Regular progress reports will be submitted to Chief Secretary/Chief Minister.
- District Committees shall be set up in all districts with the following composition:
- Chairperson (nominated by Commission)
- District Coordination Officer (Vice Chairperson)
Two members (nominated by the Commission)
District Police Officer or Head of the District Police (member)
Additional District Collector (Secretary/member)
District Public prosecutor and District Attorney as Co-opted members.
Representatives of the concerned district departments as co-opted by the Committee.Supervisory Officer of Federal Agencies e.g. F.I.A, DISCO, SNGPL etc. as Co-opted member.
The Commission will also make recommendations for policy changes/improvements in the system of Federal Government as well as Provincial Government on the basis of recommendations/ feedback received from the Overseas Pakistanis.